History

 

The OU Club of Dallas is a non-profit organization serving more than 15,000 individuals and families in the greater Dallas area who are alumni, friends, fans, supporters and families of current OU students.  Our members maintain ties with the University, and support the Sooners in both academics and athletics. Formed in 1948, we are one of the largest Alumni Clubs outside of the Norman/OKC area, and we provide more financial support and scholarships than any other club/organization. Examples of donations from the OU Club of Dallas include the arches on the South Oval, the Telephone Booth in front of the Student Union, a cabana on the new Jimmie Austin practice course, Beat Texas Weekend which we've sponsored for more than 50 years, and Academic and Pride Scholarships.

 

Former Leadership

1950-1952

 

 

James H. Stevens

Isham P. Nelson. Jr.

1953

1954

Earl H. Holden

1955

Leo L. Baker

1956

Irving S. Higbee

1957

Ben J. Ker

1958

John C. Allen, Jr.

1959

Harold G. Shank

1960

Joseph F. Gordon

1961

Sam E. Heilbron

1962

William J. Scott

1963

Jack McKinney

1964

Claude Pickard

1965

Jim Fogelsong

1966

Jim Harmon

1967

Don Leake

1968

Gordon Dempsey

1969

Max Pinkard

1970

John Haddock

1971

Jim Walther

1972

Jack Williams

1973

Richard Keeling

1974-1976

George Jarman

1977-1981

George Veazey & Mike Bell (Co-Presidents)

1981-1982

Gary Wilson

1983-1987

Bud Tippen

1988-1993

Bob Warmack

1994

Jim Hunt

1995

Bill Crosby

1996

Jim Hunt

1997-2001

Jerry Beeson

2002-2004

P.K. Dailey

2005-2006

Trae Anderson

  2007-2008

 Robert Witte

  2009-2010

 Tina E. Tuccelli

  2011-2012

 Trae Anderson

  2013-2014

 Kristin Waddelow

   2015-2016  Jeri Pitoniak